Royal Club Talent Programme
Aims of the Royal Club Talent Programme
- To raise and encourage developing potential level to achieving excellence by providing pathway support training programmes.
- To increase strength and depth of athletes within the British Curling and Royal Club’s Performance Programme
- To encourage athlete and team participation in Royal Club and Ice Rink competitions therefore increasing participation.
- To identify talent at a young age within each Ice Rink in Scotland
- Encourage and improve young curler’s skills by measuring and monitoring proficiency that is recognised by the Royal Club Skills Awards Scheme
- The Royal Club Talent Programme is a development programme to integrate into the performance programme
- Manage goal setting and expectations of performance progression.
Structure of Talent Programme
- Approx 21 Ice Rinks which provide Royal Club Talent Programme (subject to athlete selection)
- Managed by Royal Club High Performance Coach
- Delivered by Royal Club Assistant Performance Development Coach
- Delivered by identified Royal Club Talent Programme Coach who is a Royal Club qualified technical coach (to be confirmed in due course)
|Ice Rink||Female Athletes||Male Athletes|
|Ayr||Aileen Rennie||Andrew Maitland, Shaun Rennie.|
|Borders (Kelso)||Amy Bryce, Lorna Shaw.||Cameron Bryce, Callum Potts, Stewart Shaw, Neil Sutherland.|
|Curl Aberdeen||Rebecca Morrison, Emma Scott.||Eian Scott.|
|Dewars (Perth)||Callum Kinnear, Kerr Sands.|
|Dumfries Ice Bowl||Heather Morton.||Fraser Kingan, Zack Stewart, Ross Whyte.|
|East Kilbride||Emma Hair.|
|Forfar Indoor Sports||Layla Al-Safar, Beth Dandie, Hayley Duff, Louise Joiner.||Ben Bremner, Adam Flint, Craig Joiner, Euan MacDiarmid.|
|Greenacres||Rachael Halliday, Lauren McIntyre.||George McConnell, Mark Taylor, Martin Wilcox.|
|Inverness Ice Centre||Ellie Fraser, Faye McInnes.||Stewart Lyle, Ryan Peters, Sandy Scott.|
|Kinross||Kirsty Paterson, Fiona Spain, Kathryn Spain, Alison Wood.||Grant Barr, Finlay Campbell, James Hay, Callum McFarlane.|
|Lanarkshire (Hamilton)||Carolyn Baird, Heather MacDonald.||George Ballantyne, Andrew Neilson, Iain Waddell.|
|Lockerbie||Koren Boomer, Hannah Beattie, Ellen Boomer, Kirsty Sloan.||Ryan Cormack, Cameron McNay, Daniel Robson.|
|Moray Leisure Centre(Elgin)||Amy MacDonald, Eilidh Yates.||Josh Kellock, Gordon Kelly, Grant Stephen.|
|Murrayfield||Karina Aitken, Laura Barr.||David Baird, James Baird, Gavin Barr, Hamish Logan.|
|The Peak (Stirling)||Isla McLennan, Kirsty Morton.||Alastair Tweedle.|
|Waterfront||Fraser Clark, Euan Polea, Angus Shearer.|
[Selection panel: Brad Askew, Judith McFarlane, Nancy Smith and each Ice Rink Talent Programme/Junior Lead Coach.]
*Training provided by the Stranraer Development Group.
The programme aspires to build over 2011-2014 to a maximum number of 8 athletes per Ice Rink (4 male and 4 female) making a total of potentially 160 each year.
Click here to view the 2013-2014 Selection Policy – Royal Club Talent Programme
Click to download Royal Club Talent Programme 2013/14 Notes of Interest form
Click for accompanying Mindset Information Sheet
Assistant Performance Development Coach: Brad Askew
Mobile: 0773 326 4813